Monday, May 19, 2008

Unit 3

In this unit I learned about the idea of positioning in critical literacy. Therefore, I learned how the writer construct the people referred to in the text. This means I learned to see how the writer writes every participant in the article. I also learned how the writer constructs the reader. This means I learned the how to make every sentences can attract the reader. It is not easy to make the reader like what we write and to make the reader feel the same as the writer feel. In the reading ‘Please, let me go to your school’ by Adele Horin, I learned how the writer attracts the reader and made the reader feel sympathy with the participant in the text. The writer is good in making a sympathetic sentence. Even when we read the article we will feel sorry for the poor girl, even though we did not know the real story behind that. In the reading ‘Truth about Youth’ we can see the way writer construct the participant in the text. The writer makes sure the role of the participant in the text is delivered. The interesting part in this unit is when we learning how to construct the people in the text and also when we are trying to make the good sentences. We have to choose the good work that can attract the reader. We also try to make every sentence feel like alive. The difficult part in this unit is when cannot find or make the sentence that can make the reader interest to read. Reflection to the presentation is average. The presentation is presented by Qursyia, Thuraya and me, Yusafiza. To me, our presentation is not very good as the audience still did not understand with our presentation. Luckily the lecturer helps us with the explanations.

No comments: